11th Annual CEND Symposium Agenda ANNOUNCED!
The Henry Wheeler Center for Emerging & Neglected Diseases (CEND) Annual Symposium aims to strengthen connections between scientists working on infectious diseases of global health importance and the broader global health research, product development, and advocacy communities. The focus of the 11th Annual Symposium is: Molecular Diagnostics, Antibiotic Resistance and Helminthic Diseases.
Friday, January 11, 2019 | 08:30 AM to 6:30 PM | UC Berkeley, Li Ka Shing Center Auditorium, Room 245.
Breakfast will be served 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM. Coffee will be served throughout the day and lunch will be provided. Following the speakers, a networking reception and poster session will be from 05:30 PM to 06:30 PM.
- Aydogan Ozcan | University of California, Los Angeles
- Eric Brown | McMaster, Toronto
- Judy Sakanari | University of California, San Francisco
- Lisa Diamond | Pinpoint Science
- Manuela Raffatellu | University of California, San Diego
- Peter Hotez | Baylor School of Medicine
- Peter Smith | Genentech
- Rangarajan Sampath | FIND Geneva
- Thomas Nutman | National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
Call for Posters!
This year’s symposium will feature a poster session to complement the exciting line-up of plenary speakers. Posters are invited in topics relevant to the theme of the symposium. You may submit a poster title and abstract during your registration or via email with your name and affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster titles and abstracts must be submitted by December 28, 2018